Ethan had his 2 month doctors appointment as well as shots this week. At his doctors appointment yesterday the doctor gave him a good bill of health. She
referred to him as long and lean as he is 11 lbs and 24 inches long. My mom said Gabe and I were both this way when we were babies. Ethan was so good while with the doctor; he even smiled at her! Today we took him to the health department to get his first set of shots. He had one oral vaccine and 3 shots. I had him in my lap as the nurse was getting ready to give him his shots and suddenly felt like I couldn't hold him. By this point it was too late to switch and I just had to suck it up. Ethan got his first shot and did pretty good. He didn't really know what to think of it. It was the second and third shots that really made him mad. He cried for a bit but as soon as I snuggled him up to me and fed him a little he calmed down and went to sleep. So far he is still doing good but he is napping now. They said the one shot will make his leg sore so I am hoping it doesn't bother him too much. Overall though he did excellent and daddy and I couldn't be more proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment